lube for bolt action . . .
pens!!!

got a few of the bolt action pens, and some are a bit "sticky". was wondering if anyone's had decent luck with lubing these things up a bit??

pens are already assembled, so i'm kinda looking for something not too messy -- maybe a little white grease??

thanks for any suggestions!
Gun Lube.

I do not know but know Bob62ford makes a lot of them and he might have some advise.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

most are perfectly fine, but there are a few of the steampunk versions that could use some lubin'.
Could you use the fine oil that is used on sowing machines? Wipe it on and wipe it off.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Maybe a little Vaseline?

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
might have to give each of those a shot . . . thanks!
Ivory soap. Shouldn't stain the pocket it's clipped to like oil/grease/graphite. Check the teflon aerosol to see if it won't affect the wood or finish, too. Might be ideal.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
MichaelMouse said:

Ivory soap. Shouldn't stain the pocket it's clipped to like oil/grease/graphite. Check the teflon aerosol to see if it won't affect the wood or finish, too. Might be ideal.

I was going to say paraffin wax. Or a mix of paraffin and mineral oil. Heat the mixture until the wax is melted and then paint it on. The mineral oil should be absorbed and the wax should be on the surface.

Of course it could be just like a rifle. It may just need to be broken in. Try working he action a couple hundred times and see if it loosens up.

These might be investment castings and the fit might be a bit tight.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
thanks for all the responses.

i ended up getting a few types of light duty lube from amazon, and tried this tri-flow one first . . . one drop:

smooth as silk now!
Arlin Eastman said:

Gun Lube.

I do not know but know Bob62ford makes a lot of them and he might have some advise.

I had a couple times I needed to lube them and oil got a little messy, I think a tried paste wax and it worked pretty good.

Bob