Cherry grain popping
What is your favorite way of accentuating the grain pattern in cherry? So far, I have used transtint in shellac, but am looking for other options. Thnx.
Garnet shellac works pretty well, BLO works better IMO - on cherry.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I really like the look of BLO on cherry.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Anything with a yellow tint will "pop" the grain on dark colored wood.
Howie.........
Not looking for an argument, but my results with BLO on cherry showed it blotched on grain subject to blotching.

Arm-R-Seal on the left, ARS over Sealcoat shellac in the middle, and BLO topped with ARS on the right.

John
Cherry is notorious for blotching with BLO. You can mitigate the blotching with a coat of blonde shellac before applying the BLO.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I've used garnet shellac under BLO, but I sanded it back some. Leaves shellac in the blotch prone spots and good wood for the BLO. With that approach I also wiped off the BLO as soon as I got the panels covered.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
If you really want to pop he grain this approach is good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx8mp3Ag36s

homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes