Concrete Floor Slippery
Twice I have almost landed on my butt. My garage floor gets slippery when wet. The floor has been down for 2 years. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Get a broom finish next time.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Rent or hire a concrete grinder to rough it up a bit.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
A good way to uniformly increase the friction of a large area is to add abrasive particles to floor paint. Skid-Tex is a fine-grained silica sand that you can add to floor paint at the ratio of 1 pound per gallon. You simply stir it in and then paint as normal.
south vietnam war collage
TDKPE said:

Rent or hire a concrete grinder to rough it up a bit.

This is the only solution that is permanent. Everything else is a band aid at best.
Is there any finish on the concrete now?

In my machine shop we used a two part epoxy finish with a non-skid additive. We then rolled the finish on.
Howie.........
No finish just a very smooth concrete. I'll probably go with a paint with an abrasive additive.
Gibbcutter said:

No finish just a very smooth concrete. I'll probably go with a paint with an abrasive additive.

Be aware that floor paint will wear off in short time, especially with car tires going over it. Better to use a more durable coating.
Epoxy looks nice, can have silica sand in final coat for traction. Downside , it needs much effort in preparation(grinding floor or acid etching)
Rust Bullet or Norpoxy---durable, can be painted on clean concrete, usually without etching or grinding.

Check out the flooring forum at garagejournal.com . There is a lot of information there and several vendors who offer advice as well as product discounts.
I agree you can get good mileage out of an epoxy floor paint with texture added. Like most paint jobs its all about the prep. Many recommend a muratic acid wash to clean and etch the surface. There are also a number of choices for matting that can be used.
Sounds easier to just grind than to prepare for paint/epoxy.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson