Hand tool Arts & Crafts bench
I recently finished this Arts and Crafts style bench using hand tools for everything done after the rough rip cuts. Joints are all mortise and tenons chopped with a 3/8" LN mortise chisel and sawed with their tenon saw. The tusked tenons on the stretcher were drilled and then squared with a chisel. The cushion was done by Valley Upholstery in our town using a frame I had made to fit the bench. The leather is from Tandy. I have plenty of leather to sell if anyone is interested. The photos are from my phone and aren't great. Sorry.
Nice bench Mike. I like the clean lines.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.

Ag
Sweet, I like it very much, nice job Mike.

Steve
Beautiful, Mike
I built a similar bench 10 years ago,your's is nicer.
That's a beautiful, crisp job! BTW I had not heard the term "tusk" for this before; that's pretty interesting too.
Chris
Sweet, totally and very comfortable looking.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Nice job. If we did not have a church pew in our entryway that would fit the bill.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks guys. I built this to have a place to sit in our bedroom. My Springer spaniel has commandeered the only chair. By the time I get my shirt and pants on I have to sit down to do the sox and shoes! Maybe I'll take a few shots of the various Arts & Crafts pieces I've made over the years and post them.
Nice match with the trim in that room.
Curious about how you stained, dyed, fumed, etc. the oak.
Results are great.