Purpleheart Jewelry Box
It has been awhile but here is my latest project. This is one of the most challenging projects I have done. A lot of good things came together on this and a few things went south. One thing that came out of this was that I really learned to use a card scraper. That tool saved me when trying to flatten the book matched top. At the end, the customer loved it and that was the goal.

Description:
This box is made from Purpleheart with Yellowheart inlay, pulls, feet, and keys. The dimensions are 12"x10"x5". It features two trays 3 1/2"x8 1/2"x1/2" deep that ride on rails. The top section and drawers are divided into three sections with permanent dividers. The top and one drawer are separated into smaller sections with removable dividers. The dividers are half lapped together and come apart to enlarge the sections. The whole box has been finished with a drying oil and buffed out with Canuba wax. The hinges and lid stay are made by Brusso. The liner is a synthetic.

As Always,
Gecko
http://www.geckosboxes.com
Always like to see your work as am always amazed...I love my card scrapers, learning how to sharpen them was a big evolution in my woodworking and so I use them on almost every project I attempt.
Keep up the good work!!
Stupid is forever, ignorant can be transitory.
You are without a doubt the king of box making. That is beautiful.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Nice
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Very, very nice. That's how my projects look - in my mind's eye not so much in reality.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I love it, well done!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Beautiful!

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Bravo!!!
Thanks all. I hate working with Purpleheart but it sure make a nice looking box.
As Always,
Gecko
http://www.geckosboxes.com
Really nice job on that top.
The few pieces I've done using purpleheart I had issues with burning. It is a pretty wood though.