Woodworking Machines question
I am trying to find out the approximate ages of these machines and possibly price range?

TIA.

Rockwell Delta Lathe 4 ft. feed/bed

Rockwell Delta Bandsaw 8" throat.

Craftsman floor model Drill Press.

Dewalt Radial Armsaw (sorry a little blurry photo)

Delta/Milwaukee Jointer. 2 ft. bed

Any info Appreciated Thanks!

Hog
The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you don't care. Either case is a failure of leadership.
~ General Colin Powell ~
Really not worth anything. I'm going to be up there in a few months- I'll take them off your hands.

I really don't know. I know what I would offer for them but then I'm a cheapskate and that isn't fair.
Looks like you have some good tools there in great condition. The band saw looks like it has all the original parts. The retirement light alone on that thing can bring in a good bit.

If you want ages, you can post them at OWWM.org and they can help you out there. They absolutely will not discuss value though (forum rule there), so I wouldn't bother asking.

Good luck with your sale.
I recently picked up that same drill press, and yours is in better condition. I bet you'd get a few hundred for it... but that's just my casual guess. I think you may find some interesting numbers just doing google searches for each machine and seeing what classified and auction sites come up with prices. It's so hard to get an accurate value for used equipment, since condition can vary a lot.
Benny

Those are all nice machines in reasonably good condition. They look to be from the 1950s, give or take a few years. They are all on the original stands with original motors and seem to have some accessories. Someone who likes vintage machines would be pleased to own machines like this. It's hard to say on the prices. If the bearings are original then the grease is dried out by now, so the bearings should be replaced. The drive belts and bandsaw tires are probably due for replacement, too. Those are all normal maintenance items, but will affect the sale price. It also depends on how plentiful machines like this are in your area, whether anything is cracked or broken, and how motivated the seller is.
For the Dewalt RAS, look at the serial number on the motor. The first 4 digits should be the year and then month the motor was manufactured, which is normally lose to when the saw was manufactured. The model will be on a tag on the column, like MBF, 1030, or maybe MBC. Can't offer anything on value with that pic, sorry.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks All for your inputs...

I am asking for a friend of mine.. his Dad passed away several years back, but recently lost his mom and is now cleaning out the garage and home.. So I told him I would post here for him to get him an idea. He'll probably have me list them later or he can add them to Craigslist locally?

I'll go back and get the serial/model numbers off them.. I know for sure they are very old tools, but will have to research more Google on prices for him... I took dibs on the bandsaw ;0)

and I'll post to the site mentioned and see about the ages..

Thanks Again!

Hog
The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you don't care. Either case is a failure of leadership.
~ General Colin Powell ~
Here's a swag for selling:

The lathe, probably 2-300, 50's or 60's vintage.

The open stand delta bandsaw (14", not 8") probably around 2-300. That little light on it is often called a "retirement light" and is worth around 75 just by itself. So add that on to the price of the saw.

The sears press is probably late 50's early 60's vintage, figure 150 to 200 in good working order. Some folks would value higher, but to me they are homeowner grade presses.

The RAS is probably an MBC or MBF. He may get as much as a 100, but probably less. They are nice little machines, but there are a bunch of them and most folks prefer miter saws these days.

The jointer is a very short bed machine. Either a 4 or 6" width. Probably 50's vintage. He may get as high as 150, but I would doubt it, most folks want larger machines with center mounted fences.

HTH.
Lathe is 50's into 60's light-duty, but it has the standard 1" threaded headstock with #2 taper and 4-speed drive. 12" swing over the bed, and 14-16" in the gap (maybe?). I don't remember if the tail stock has the same taper, but most of Delta's did, including my old 1460 (predates that one). Two banjos with wide tool rest, so presumably there are standard (shorter) rests. Value depends on tools and accessories. Like steady rests, faceplates, sanding discs, centers, and so on. The lathe is only half the value - tooling and accessories are the other half. Probably sell for $200, or more with decent tools.

Bandsaw looks like standard 14", but older (like 40's into the 50's), if that's a Delta-Milwaukee badge. Good old iron. Hang onto that one. Motor looks like it may be original, too, as it has the condom over the shaft. And the retirement light.

Jointer looks like what was later called the 4" Precision Jointer (I bought one new in the mid-70's, and still use it), but 2 ft sounds a little short. Mine is 27" of ground table surface. The 6" looks very similar, but I think it's the 4". Not worth a lot, but possibly the best small jointer around, as it's made like the big boys, with adjustable outfeed table, but is, well, small. And heavy, for its size. Probably get $150 if you're patient.

Craftmans DP looks like 1950's, from the trim. Solid machine, but no idea of its value.

Edit: Too slow - EvilTwin said almost the same thing.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Look here for your Delta serial #'s

http://wiki.vintagemachinery.org/DeltaSe...mbers.ashx