Woodworking Machines question
The bandsaw was made about 25years ago..I bought mine new about that time and it is like the one in the picture except it has an enclosed motor/stand...The doors have to be removed to change blades...Newer ones have doors that are hinged.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Timberwolf said:

The bandsaw was made about 25years ago..I bought mine new about that time and it is like the one in the picture except it has an enclosed motor/stand...The doors have to be removed to change blades...Newer ones have doors that are hinged.

I'm not sure about that. Look at the badge, the motor condom and remote rod operated switch and the hex column. 25 years ago would put it around 1990. Those attributes as well as that retirement light which looks to be original date it much, much earlier.
EvilTwin said:

[blockquote]Timberwolf said:

I'm not sure about that. Look at the badge, the motor condom and remote rod operated switch and the hex column. 25 years ago would put it around 1990. Those attributes as well as that retirement light which looks to be original date it much, much earlier.

[/blockquote]
I believe you're right about that.

I would guess the bandsaw is mid-1940s-early 1960s

I have three Delta 14" bandsaws in my shop. One is a red/black/silver logo "DELTA|Rockwell" over inverted triangle (which is what I see in the OP's photo) - circa mid-1950s.

The others are a peace-symbol Rockwell from the mid-1970s-early 1980s and a three-triangle Delta from the 1990s.

I think the hex-guidepost was gone by the mid-1970s and hinges were added some years after that (mid 1980s or later).

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
Quote:

I think the hex-guidepost was gone by the mid-1970s and hinges were added some years after that (mid 1980s or later).

Mine has the round guidepost..The hex post was prior to that, so it could be somewhat older...But mine does not have hinged doors. I wish it did!!!! I had my house built in '94 and I bought it a few months before I moved in. It does have the Delta Rockwell logo tho...I think Delta used the Rockwell logo prior to the nineties....maybe back in the fifties.

I just know that my saw is basically the same machine and made in the USA. Powered by a 1/2HP motor.

Get off my lawn !
Upset

That drill press is the cats meow and wish we could buy it.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Timberwolf said:

[blockquote]Quote:

Mine has the round guidepost..The hex post was prior to that, so it could be somewhat older...But mine does not have hinged doors. I wish it did!!!! I had my house built in '94 and I bought it a few months before I moved in. It does have the Delta Rockwell logo tho...I think Delta used the Rockwell logo prior to the nineties....maybe back in the fifties.

I just know that my saw is basically the same machine and made in the USA. Powered by a 1/2HP motor.

[/blockquote]
Hmm..that's a little odd because 1994 would be a full decade after Pentair bought Delta from Rockwell and renamed it "Delta International". In 1994 all the Delta tools in FWW ads are labeled "Delta" with the 3-triangle logo.

Did you buy the saw new?

Does the logo on your saw look like this?:

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
Quote:

Did you buy the saw new?

Yes...bought it from Anderson Tool here in Clearwater, but I am going to have to apologize, because I retired in 1990 and now I remember I got it a couple years before I retired...sometime between 1985 and 1990...and even then it could have been in their stock for awhile...I will check the logo tomorrow. Time sure flies when you're having fun!!!!!!

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Arlin Eastman said:

That drill press is the cats meow and wish we could buy it.

Arlin

It can be your's Arlin, I'll get a price from the guy as soon as he gets back from his fishing trip.. and I'll get all the serial numbers and put you in touch with him if your interested?? then you can come pick it up and Visit for a bit!!
The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you don't care. Either case is a failure of leadership.
~ General Colin Powell ~
Thanks again everyone for your inputs here..

The guy went on a week long fishing trip so I haven't been able to get back to him and get all the serial numbers on each tool.. but I will and get better photo's as well...

I already took dibs on the bandsaw..

and another local guy is interested in the lathe and possibly the RAS? but will let everyone know shortly about the rest and possibly be posting them for him on here or local Craigslist.. he's not really computer savvy...
The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you don't care. Either case is a failure of leadership.
~ General Colin Powell ~
I have the same drill press and band saw. I paid $135 for the band saw, and $75 for the drill press. (drill press, didn't even have a "smile of shame")
If in good condition, I think the drill press is worth $100 - $150, and the band saw, $200 - $350. A little more if in exceptional condition.
The band saw is a great 14" saw.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer