Met Lil Richard in Ohio. Check out the Lufkin set!
I was in Dayton, OH a couple weeks ago for my son's MRL soccer and was graced with a meeting by one of WN's finest members, Lil Richard. He and I have conversed several times, and sent some tools back and forth fairly often, so I was eager to meet him when the chance arose.

He was in Dayton at the same time, so we met up at a local restaurant while we were feeding the boys after a match. His lovely bride wasn't feeling very well, so our meeting was all too brief. Unfortunately, I also failed to remember to capture the meeting with a picture, so I'll have to do that next time.

Richard and I had previously made a deal on a small 4" Lufkin Olive Drab military double square, and he landed the rest of the full set just a few weeks before my trip to Dayton, so he took the opportunity of our meeting to pass on the rest of the set, which is absolutely incredible. I'm researching pricing on these so that I can recompense him properly. If anyone can help out on that score, feel free to send me a PM.

Anyway, I was very happy to make the in-person acquaintance of such a honorable WNer. I hope that next time, we are able to spend more time together. He's an impressive and highly accomplished gentleman.

Pic of the Lufkin Olive Drab rule set, all together!

" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
SWEET!!!!!!!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Very , congratulations. It also fun when you meet up with a fellow Woodnetter .

Steve
Neat. Now you just need some crinkle finish black paint to fix them all up...
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
That is a very cool set you have there!
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Rob Young said:

Neat. Now you just need some crinkle finish black paint to fix them all up...

Blashemy! Heretical oilstone user!

" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Greg you are missing the little 4" combination square. You aren't done yet. I'm working on my own set, looking for the 6" combination.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
I didn't know they made the combination square in the 4" in the olive drab set, I just thought it was the double square. Do you already have it?

I wanna see.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Sweet set.

You gonna go slap Rob?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Nah...

I'll wait until he comes over to my place.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com