Resin infused Maple Burl
So after a couple of years I finally got around to trying a resin infused handle. This one, as stated, is simply a 12" maple burl closed dovetail.

The Burl worked very well, sanded well and finished easily. No complaints. 16 ppi rip.
BontzSawWorks.net
Beautiful!!!! Did you use any finish on it or is that the hardened stabilizer we see with the nice polish??
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Wow! Beautiful!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I did use a couple of coats of Arm r seal.
BontzSawWorks.net
Does it feel "plasticky" or slippery?
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
joemac said:

Does it feel "plasticky" or slippery?

No. At least not to me. It does feel slightly heavier to my hand, but compared to the 12" plate/ spine the balance seems fine to me. Leave Crook county behind for a few hours and come on down to try it.
BontzSawWorks.net
Another beauty, great job, I really like that handle.

Steve
Ron, that is magnificent!!!
Peter

My "day job"
That may very well be the handsomest dovetail saw of all makers, particularly, the closed handle!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
RonB1957 said:

Leave Crook county behind for a few hours and come on down to try it.

Today is the last day of school and as soon as I finish the last class, I am grabbing my dogs and heading north to the cabin to see how my veneered door styles fared after being clamped up between the cauls for four weeks.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill