Problem with hose bibs
The house we just bought has 2 hose bibs located in the garage (hot and cold). The PO hooked washing machine hoses to them and ran the hoses to a laundry sink faucet. It must have been there since the house was built (1998). Anyway, I want to remove the sink and just have the bibs but the hoses are frozen solid onto the bibs from the water minerals. Is there a way to get those off (12" Channel Locks wouldn't do it...though I feared tearing the bibs out of the wall). Maybe I'm just stuck with replacing the bibs? Guess I'm hosed (pun; well, you know).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Channel locks can squeeze the fitting and make it worse. Try not squeezing too much, or you might take a file and cut a slit in the fitting in two places to remove the fitting.
A cheap Harbor freight multi tool to split it
daddo said:

Channel locks can squeeze the fitting and make it worse. Try not squeezing too much, or you might take a file and cut a slit in the fitting in two places to remove the fitting.

or a dremel with a cut of wheel. Don't cut so deep you cut into the bibb threads.
WoodNET... the new safespace
fredhargis said:

Is there a way to get those off (12" Channel Locks wouldn't do it...though I feared tearing the bibs out of the wall).

Apply BreakFree. Wait one day. Unscrew the hose, probably by hand.

BreakFree will dissolve the corrosion. If it is just hard water deposits, vinegar would probably also work.
geek2me said:

[blockquote]fredhargis said:

Is there a way to get those off (12" Channel Locks wouldn't do it...though I feared tearing the bibs out of the wall).

Apply BreakFree. Wait one day. Unscrew the hose, probably by hand.

BreakFree will dissolve the corrosion. If it is just hard water deposits, vinegar would probably also work.

[/blockquote]

Agree as first solution. This should do the job.

Secondly, I'd cut off the hose. It would be no sin to cut into the threads as the sealing is to the face of the hosebib. Cut two places and pry away.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Thanks guys. I'll try the soaking trick, and then move on to trying to cut the hose connections if that fails.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Just thinking out loud...

I don't think its mineral deposits. If the washers are doing their thing correctly, the threads should not get wet.

I'm more likely to believe galvanic corrosion.

Once apart, you may find the threads too corroded to be valuable and you may be replacing the the bibs.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
A judicious application of heat (propane torch) might break this loose. But I would try the soaking first.

My shower head got plugged up. I hung a cup filled with CLR letting the shower head soak over night and it was fine the next day. I didn't even have to pick up a wrench.

http://myserendipitylife.com/wp-content/...08/clr.jpg
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I wanted to come to this with the results: after I moved the sink out of the way and cut the hoses off I found the hot water hose connection unscrewed with some effort. May make sense, since the hot water is softened and the cold is hard water. For the cold spigot (stuck tightly) I used vinegar in a cup strapped to the sill ***** for a few days. I tried to unscrew the hose and it came off, sort of. It actually split around the circumference, and the lower half came off leaving a small ring of material; stuck to the spigot at the top of the threads. I cut the remaining piece in half with a Dremel and tried to peel it off but it was no go. So my next attempt was to strap the little cup back to it, but this time I filled it with CLR. That seemed to do the trick, I was able to peel the remaining piece off after a few days. I still have to clean the threads a little bit all in all better than replacing the whole thing. Thanks for the help, guys!