Tile on Tile
My house is 40 years old and the tile was set on a mud base and there are no cracks in the bathroom floor or tub wall. We are going to redo the bathroom and an older tile man suggested going over the old tile. He said it is done often when the floors are solid. In fact, may have been the one who installed the tile when the house was built as he did a lot of work for the contractor that built the house. The present tile is small and glazed and similar to a clover leaf.

Any thoughts on laying tile on top of tile?

Thank you,
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
I wouldnt, but if you still want to then rough up the glaze on the existing with a diamond cup grinder and use a modified thinset. (no pre-mix junk you get at the box stores)
-who?
Seen it done allot and never seen one that fell apart. However the next guy will be cussing you out when he has two layers of tile to remove.
That should not be a problem, as my son will get the house me and my wife are gone.
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.