Questions about a Delta 33-892 3 phase RAS
(09-13-2016, 05:46 AM)Rick_B Wrote: Dave - Bob is correct.  Th VFD output shoud go directly to the motor - nothing between the vfd and motor.  The motor can be activated directly from the VFD keypad but I typically use the VFD low voltsge terminals in combination with the machines normal switch.

Can Somebody explain the reasoning behind this. I have read this a couple of times on the forums but it is the only place I have seen it.  I have a 1hp feeder with the switch between the feeder and the VFD for 3+ years now with no issues.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I talked to FactoryMation's tech support group on another question and asked why I couldn't connect the VFD to the power cord leading to the Delta motor controls on my RAS.  The answer was that the other motor controls could damage the VFD and I was much better off to use the VFD's capabilities to soft start, brake and other functions with the motor wired directly to the VFD.  It won't be hard to bypass after looking things over.  There were some uTube video's out there with similar info.  

Just for anybody's reference, the input 220 Single phase connection directions on the FM50 are not very clear.  There are 3 lugs labeled L1, L2 and L3(N).   One wire should be connected to L1, the other to L3(N) and ground to the external ground.  I was told bad things would happen if you connected input voltage lines to the L1 and L2 connectors.

Dave
MKM - Master Kindling Maker