Table Saw History
I don't remember where I saw this, but thought it was interesting. (It was a documentary on something & they had these tidbits of information in a short segment.)

The circular saw blade design was invented in the 1780s when a wife was watching the men cut up a log with one of those two man saws. She thought they were working too hard and came up with what we now call a circular saw blade.

The first commercial table saw wasn't available until the late 1800s and you drove the blade with your foot, much like a bike wheel.
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog
So what happened when she came up with the round blade? Did they make one- and how did they use it? Or was the first commercial blade the actual first blade?
daddo said:

So what happened when she came up with the round blade? Did they make one- and how did they use it? Or was the first commercial blade the actual first blade?

Ya got me - that's all the information that was in the show. Wish I could remember where it was... either How it's Made or YouTube I'm guessing.
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog
Much earlier according to this: Link Look on page 42 of the document (page 39 of the pdf). This relates to the circular saw blade, not a table saw.

John