Be sure blade is tight
I recently bought a Dewalt 7790 ras, and the orig. owner told me the arbor nut just needs to be snugged up, as it is self tightening, with the blade rotation.
Wrong!
This saw has a blade brake. When the blade brake activates, and the arbor nut is not tight, the blade momentum, causes the nut to loosen.
Lesson learned
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
My big delta has a set screw on the arbor nut as well and is reverse threaded.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

When the word "self" is used, a red flag for me always goes up.

I have yet to see my oven clean itself either.
It's the same situation on a miter saw as they have brakes, too. Gotta make sure the arbor nut is tight.

Thanks for the reminder.

John
daddo said:

When the word "self" is used, a red flag for me always goes up.

I have yet to see my oven clean itself either.

Lol
My Dewalt started making a hell of a noise and the blade just spun I thought for sure something had crapped out. I did google searches and most said it had to do with the switch and then found one that said loose blade. I found the blade was loose no idea how or why but it was. A quick tightening and everything back to normal
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

All kinds of ugly thoughts if the blade spun off at speed. Wouldn't want to be there

Adequate tightening doesn't take a minute, we want no flying cutters on any tool. Somewhere on here there was a guy talking about one of those secondary market, drill press chucks you hand tighten. He was spinning a 3 1/2" Forstner bit. Thanks but no, I'll be using a standard 3 jaw chuck.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Porter Cable portable job site saw. Usually leave the rip blade on it. Today, I changed it to an 80 tooth fine finish blade(making wainscoting trim.

It has a blade brake. I used it one rip and shut it off. The saw motor stopped. The blade spun for a good 2 minutes as I stood watching, shaking my head, and remembering it is NOT my Rigid contractor saw(finger tight on the Rigid).

Have not changed the PC blade in probably two years.