Bandsaw Template Guide
Most bandsaw template guides are designed for long sweeping curves. For smaller projects with tight curves a different design is needed.

This jig mounts on the bandsaw fence and is not dependent on the blade guide design. It is easily adjustable in all three axis. Left to right is accomplished with the fence, in and out is made by sliding the jig on the fence and the guide pin is pushed up or down to match the height of the workpiece then locked in place with a small bolt.

The clamps are made from inexpensive 4” U-bolts and scrap pieces of wood. The arm is a piece of softwood 1 1/2” square. The guide pin is 1/8” diameter steel. The notch on the end of the arm allows for easier set up. The bevel under the locking bolt provides a better sight line for thicker workpieces.

To set up the jig follow these steps.

Place the jig loosely over the bandsaw fence and adjust it so the blade is at least 3/16” away from the cut out in the support arm. Secure the jig to the bandsaw fence with the clamps.

Adjust the bandsaw fence so the steel pin is centered or slightly to the right of the blade. Lock the bandsaw fence.

Loosen the locking bolt that secures the steel pin to the support arm. Lower it so the pin is just above the workpiece. Tighten the locking bolt.

Using a 3/16” blade with 10 tpi I can easily easily follow a pattern without accidentally cutting into the template. With this jig I can maintain a distance no greater than 1/8” from the template without keeping a constant eye on a cut line.

Thanks for looking.

Bill

P1270118 by edn732, on Flickr" />

P1270119 by edn732, on Flickr" />

P1270120 by edn732, on Flickr" />

P1270122 by edn732, on Flickr" />

P1270123 by edn732, on Flickr" />

P1280125 by edn732, on Flickr" />
I know this is a little off topic, but i noticed your blower for your bandsaw.
Your bandsaw looks like a my shopfox, and the blower isn't a factory option.
Does that have an air pump mounted to the saw? or is it plumbed from a compressor?
Dan
03rangerfx4 said:

I know this is a little off topic, but i noticed your blower for your bandsaw.
Your bandsaw looks like a my shopfox, and the blower isn't a factory option.
Does that have an air pump mounted to the saw? or is it plumbed from a compressor?

I noticed it as well. But I am wondering what the wooden bell on the end is for?
first picture looks like it might be a light, and not an air nozzle
rlnguy said:

first picture looks like it might be a light, and not an air nozzle

If it is a light, then someone is using the exact same flex-and-stay hose as the air blowers I have seen. Notice the blue sections in pics 3 and 5, plus the orange head.

http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Thread-Nozzl...ible+air+nozzle
Dan:

The 'blower' is a 24 LED floodlight. Below is a link I posted to this forum about it.

LED Light for Bandsaw

Bill
I stand corrected.
Anthony:

The blue segmented air line which you identified turns out to work quite well as an articulating arm for this light. In addition its internal diameter is just right for running the wires to the LED's.

Comments about the bandsaw template jig would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill
wjt said:

Anthony:

The blue segmented air line which you identified turns out to work quite well as an articulating arm for this light. In addition its internal diameter is just right for running the wires to the LED's.

Comments about the bandsaw template jig would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

Frankly, I'm not getting it. Perhaps a video using it?
your pics make the following pin hard to see.

That is what is causing part of the no comment comments

A good system for smaller tighter radii

I would work on the way you move the pin, other than that it is a good solution

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy