Southern Indiana lumber
Anyone in the southern Indiana northern Kentucky know who sells quality domestic and imported hardwood?

Thanks
May not fit your description of "southern IN." but Frank Miller in Union City is most definetly worth a drive. I go about 70 miles to get there, they have an excellent selection of domestic wood and a fair to good selection of imports.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Tiny Timbers in Deputy, IN. 812-866-4415

Carson's Sawmill in Sunman, IN 812-623-6455

Neither of these two have imported hardwoods. Just domestic, but would be two of the better places to look.

For import definitely Frank Miller in Union City or Northwest in Indy. If you go to Northwest just be warned they are proud of their prices

But they have an excellent selection of both domestics and imports.

Those are the ones I know personally, but a Google search turned up others in the northern KY area.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Bagdad lumber close to Shelbyville, KY. I've not been there, but am planning to go real soon.
What species and quantities? Lots of small mills in the area.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
What I'm looking for is exotic lumber including domestic in wide thick boards from a knowledgeable retailer that works with small timers for a few boards here and there.
There are quite a few mills around, but in my experience they are not always knowledgable on high end furniture grade lumber and typically cater to cabinet company's. There are cabinet company's about every mile in all directions in my area, but finding high quality lumber for furniture is hard to find.
Maybe you need to use different sources for the exotic and domestic rather than thinking you need to get both from the same source. For the domestic, are you looking for curly, birds eye, rift, quarter or what? What species? It is not difficult to find wide red and white oak boards, wide cherry and walnut, etc is more difficult and if you are on a budget, your best chance is to find someone who has a portable saw mill. Finding fancy grain wood in the wild is hit or miss and mostly miss, in my experience, especially in wide and thick sizes. I am originally for southern Indiana and go back regularly but I have not heard of anyone who carries the fancy stuff locally.

For the exotics, if you mean 24" wide by 2-3 inch thick Honduran mahogany or similar, I think you need to enlarge your search area to include some large metropolitan areas. Ken
Thanks Ken,
I believe you are right, just thought I might be missing something local before I make those long drives. I use mostly veneer just because finding quality lumber is hard and getting harder.

Thanks all
Hardwood Specialities in Lexington, KY
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
GNP said:

Bagdad lumber close to Shelbyville, KY. I've not been there, but am planning to go real soon.

I have gotten lumber from Bagdad. Good selection and prices. He carries a nice selection of slabs also.

I have been getting most of my lumber from Bonesteel Mill just north of Louisville. He does a great job milling and I get very little waste. He also a great domestic selection to include pear, apple, persimmons, etc...

Both advertise on Craig's List and have websites.