I went to my turning club meeting last night
I have been turning for more than 20 years. Went to the meeting last night and learned something I never even dreamed of. And it was so simple and he did a nice presentation.

Goes to show you're never to old to learn.
So, what was it that you learned? Notice my tag line - I'm constantly learning new things, too. But I've only been woodworking for about 10 years. I hope to never stop learning.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
yeah, man . . . that's a tease-and-a-half right there!
Me too.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Yea, don't keep us in suspense.... One favorite quote from Bill Nye the Science guy, "Every person you will ever meet knows some thing that you don't know." Love that guy...

robo hippy
It was about glue ups using yellow titebond. Hold the pieces together for 15 seconds and they are good. That you can't pull them apart after 30mins unless you have prybar or whatever to wrench them apart. Always thought you needed to clamp or press or whatever and wait for the sun to go down and come back again.
I'm not so sure about that. It may hold and if you don't mess with it, it may even create a great bond, but I wouldn't do anything with it for a few hours to let the glue cure.

Quote:

Bond Strength ASTM D-905 (On Hard Maple)
Temperature Strength Wood Failure
Room Temperature 3,750 psi 72%
150°F. Overnight 1,750 psi 6%

Application Guidelines

Application Temperature Above 55°F.

Open Assembly Time 3-5 minutes (70°F./50%RH)

Total assembly time 10-15 minutes (70°F./50%RH)

Titebond web site
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Ill second what Sniper says.
I remember that one from Norm Abrams and his show the New Yankee Work shop. I did a work shop with Bonnie Klein, and we glued box blanks on waste blocks, ate lunch, and came back out and turned them. They did hold. For anything structural, I still prefer to let it sit over night.

robo hippy
I said you could not pull them apart unless you had something mechanical to do it with. They still need to cure for a couple hours or more. Sorry if I misspoke.