Microwave door doesn't open
Any suggestions on how to open a microwave door? The open push pad has no resistance.
Try flipping it upside down. Perhaps the spring mechanism that holds the latch up is broken and sitting it upside down may allow the latch to fall away.

This happened on mine earlier in the year, luckily still covered under the house warranty...and nothing was in it when it stopped working! The repair guy pushed it extremely fast and pulled on the door at the same time.

It was like a $20 part to replace.

It's probably a $150 microwave and they paid the repair guy for two service calls and had to pull it out of the wall to fix it. Probably cost twice that in labor!
-Marc

Have you tried WD-40?
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

A pressure washer would be my guess.
Herb G said:

A pressure washer would be my guess.

That was my first choice but it would flood the kitchen.

I'd drill a 1/4" hole in the top, then with a funnel add some gun powder mixed with slivers of tin foil, then turn it on. Let us know how that works for you.
If you feel comfortable with it, remove the outer-housing adjacent to the open-latch..usually just a couple screws.

Watch what you touch in there, but it should be easy to sleuth the problem.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
Might be a good idea to unplug it before doing any of these fixes.
John T.
unplug, pick it up, take to curb, head to Wal-Mart.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
chips ahoy said:

unplug, pick it up, take to curb, head to Wal-Mart.

Mel

For a broken door lock.???? Where is the fun in that. That is what is wrong with today's society. If it gets dirty throw it out and get a new one.
John T.