Ceiling fan electrical question
Mrs G has me swapping the ceiling fan with light fixture in a bedroom with the light fixture in the kitchen.
The bedroom has two switches: one for the fan, one for the light.
The bedroom has red and black on one switch, two blacks on the second.
The kitchen has a single switch.
What's the wiring conversion to run the fan and light off a single switch?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Without actually seeing it etc it's hard to say what they did. However..

In the fan itself the blue wire is for the light and the black is for the fan. So blue to one switch and black to the other.
If one switch the black and blue are tied together in the fan.

Your bedroom switch. The red off one switch and a black from the other go to the fan. Usually the red is the fan.
The other black on each switch is a hot wire from the panel. Usually a pigtail from the black in the box connecting to both switches.

To have a switch for each you need to have 3 conductor wire from the switch box to the fan. Or there is a unit you can get at the depot that will remotely control the fan from its panel. It requires a box mounted in the fan.
Given the fan and, in fact, all the electric was wired by a licensed Master electrician, I expect you're right--red for fan.
The blacks, whites, and ground are each pigtailed together.
The source is 3-wire: black , white, ground.
The only red goes up to the fan.

The new location for the fan only has 3-wire (black, white and ground) and one switch.
Sounds straight-forward. If the electrician hadn't passed away, I'd have asked him.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
That is about right. Whatever colors are at the fan just splice together and onto the black. The whites to white. There should be a pull chord on the fan to turn fan on and set speed. Just make sure wirenuts are secure and no little strands sticking out. Vibration from the fan can loosen wirenuts. Good luck.
John T.
Since both switches in the bedroom have switched power up to the ceiling box it doesn't really matter which switch/wire you pick to connect the light to. I'd use black just because I'm OCD about electrical stuff and it's easier for me to remember. Whichever one you pick, wire nut the other wire in the ceiling box and tape it, then at the box with the switches take the hot leg off the unused switch and cap that as well.
Before you do anything with the two switches, what kind of light will you install. If it has 2 bulbs you can wire individually and control amount of light.
John T.
i wasn't originally thrilled about the idea, but we didn't have constant power at the light box for the fan, so the fan and light are both powered by the switch. but, got the remote for the fan and light, and it's turned out to be pretty d@mn convenient.

JMHO, of course!