Converting HF Pressure Paint Pot to a Pressure Sandblaster
What would it take to convert a HF paint pot to a pressurized sandblaster. Thanks.
A miracle.
HF Sells a sand blaster for around $100 last time I looked. Not worth the effort to try and modify something else at that price.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
The problem is the spray gun is totally backwards for that use. The air and fluid flows need to be switched through the gun. Then it's not sized even close and will wear out in seconds if you got it running.

For very small stuff use one of their handheld units. Bigger stuff get a full size pressure blaster.
Metabo has a neat little handheld sandblaster but it's not available in the us. Model number ssp 1000.
00lightning said:

What would it take to convert a HF paint pot to a pressurized sandblaster. Thanks.

Feed tube is too small. Internal mechanism is too small. Not made for that kind of pressure. Media would wear it down quickly. Needs a much much bigger tip.
Sell pot, buy sandblaster.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Herb G said:

A miracle.

My vote for the best answer
I should have mentioned that I have a spare sand blast gun, I wasn't planning on using a spray gun. Also have a spare syphon tube if needed.

I have a blast cabinet just looking for something to use outside.