PSA: Oneida Dust Sentry
of course I purchased this at full retail a few months back after my RF receiver failed. I wish I would have done it years ago now that I've had it for awhile. It works well, nice unit, 5 minutes to install, sufficient attention getter when the bin threatens an overflow.

Oneida Dust Sentry $99
Ive had one since I overloaded the bin that first time.
that's an afternoon you won't get back...
+1

I paid full price as well. At $99 its a no brainer for any cyclone.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I built my own for around $50. If i can do it, anyone can.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.p...in-Level-Sensor
Dan
Thanks for this. I'd been considering trying to build one, but at this price, I'll save my time for woodworking.
03rangerfx4 said:

I built my own for around $50. If i can do it, anyone can.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.p...in-Level-Sensor

The sensor is around $40 right now and with the other parts this is one of those times it's a better deal to buy the product. If it wasn't on sale I'd say build. However with building your own using that sensor you will have a better tool as the sensors used in the oneida one are nowhere near the quality.
The Oneida is now full price again so, I thought that I would confirm that a DIY is very easy and you can do it for less than $40. I'll post images etc. in the next couple weeks but this is what you need to make it work:

You can also buy a small plastic project box to enclose the electrical connections if you want. The listings linked above are exactly the same items I ordered to set mine up.
Wiring schematic from Ben Rivel on SMC

HTH
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
It's been few months but I figured I would bump this to show some pics of an installation. IIRC I spent less than $40 for everything and the purchases were made on Ebay. I'm certain that you should be able to put it together for less than $50 and it will take an hour or two for the assembly and installation. The electrical connections are all made in the large white project box. Wiring is really easy following the schematic I posted above. The only other real task is drilling a few holes in the project boxes and the drum lid. The large box needs hole drilled for mounting the switch and strobe along with a small hole with a grommet for routing wires. The small box comes with an opening for wires to enter so, I just added a rubber grommet from there all you have is a 3/4" hole in the bottom box plate for the sensor.

List of components:
  • small enclosure (82 x 52 x 35mm) for sensor (not needed but provides some extra protection) ~$1
  • large enclosure (115 x 90 x 55mm) used as a junction box (wiring LED, power supply, rocker switch and sensor leads) and also to mount the switch along with strobe light ~$3
  • DC12V Security Alarm Strobe Signal Safety Warning Flashing LED Light ~$3
  • BANNER Photoelectric switch QS18VP6D ~$35
  • 12V 300mA Power Supply ~$2
  • Rocker switch ~$1

Here is the complete assembly uninstalled but assembled:
[Image: MN06yaZ.jpg][Image: MN06yaZ.jpg]

BANNER QS18VP6D Photoelectric switch epoxied onto box plate:
[Image: 6NIZBiN.jpg]
[Image: Wl4BV3Q.jpg]

12V 300mA Power Supply
[Image: fGyarYW.jpg?1]

Sensor w/ box mounted on top of dust bin: