Finally scored an ACME saw vise.
Not much to say, just wanted to share this with people who would appreciate it.

Untitled by fibonacci_galoot, on Flickr" />
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
Nice!!! I've been looking for one of those for a couple of years now.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
That's a beaut. John! Don't get a hernia lifting it.
Mike, it's the aluminum version so it's not too heavy, just over 20 pounds I believe.

John

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
Nice, I have the same one in my shop!

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
I heard they also have stout anvils...
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
DaveParkis said:

Nice!!! I've been looking for one of those for a couple of years now.

Me too, without success. Finally broke down and bought a Grammercy Tools vice from Joel at TFWW.

I'm jealous.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
John congratulations, I would love to find one myself.

Steve
Nice. Did you score that one on eBay? There was a green aluminum vise in there for over a week. The guy kept dropping the price by about $50 increments. I was surprised it hadnt sold more quickly. Good price if that's the one. I watched it for the longevity of its listing. Was tempted to buy it, but don't actually "need" another. It's the "want" that keeps ringing in my ears.

Matt
I have been wanting one for years now but I haven't been actively looking for one. Then last week I did a search on eBay and found this one listed as a buy-it-now. I thought about it for a couple of hours (don't know why I waited so long) then I pulled the trigger. I honestly can't say why I happened to check ebay when I did, considering I've never searched there for one before. I guess it was meant to be.

John