Microwave plate will not spin
The microwave door post got me thinking. We have a GE microwave that is only a few months old. The glass plate does not spin.

It sits on a three armed spider. The spider turns, and its speed adjusts when you push the correct buttons, but the little plastic wheels just slip or slide beneath the glass plate without moving it.

To be clear, the plate does move sometimes, but never for long; and never reliably.

Is there something that can be done to those wheels to help transfer the friction & motion?
Shame on the men who can court exemption from present trouble and expense at the price of their own posterity's liberty! - Samuel Adams
Wash the plate with Dawn, wipe it down with rubbing alcohol.
Same goes for the wheels.
Ours is picky about getting the plate in the spider correctly -- if you're a little off it won't turn.

Give it a good cleaning and make sure it's engaged and see what happens.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
There was a little motor on mine. Could be a switch, motor, reduction gears....
Saw one with a little belt on it.
Wild Turkey said:

Ours is picky about getting the plate in the spider correctly -- if you're a little off it won't turn.

Never had problems with this in the past. but the Samsung we have now the plate has to sit juuuust so.
We had a GE Profile microwave with the same problem. GE's technician fixed it. I can't recall if it was the motor or a circuit board, but it required a replacement part and was not cheap to fix. If yours is only a few months old, maybe it is still under warranty?
Make sure the spider is centered. The glass plate will turn on the spider if it is installed correctly. I have a Samsung with the same problem.The glass has three indentations underneath.These indentations sit on the spider.
mike