Router Bit - best brand
Router man - what do you consider to be the best router bit brand?
Going to be working with alot of oak...
aI've got Frued now, believe there is a top of the line
thanks
from widely available brands, I've always had the best luck with Whiteside.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

What do you believe constitutes the best brand?

I have many Grizzly bits that have far exceeded my expectations. Carbide is probably the same grade and very well sharpened. Clean cuts and hardly any burning on most woods- even cherry. Burning is usually my fault anyway.
I had nothing but good experience with Jesada back in the day, and will still go with Infinity if they have what I need. CMT has also been good, and no complaints about Whiteside. If I need it quick and there's a Freud in Home Depot or Lowes I'll pick one up.

I really don't think you'll go wrong with any of the 'major' names.
My top shelf bits are Infinity, Whiteside, Eagle America (made by Whiteside). My best value bits are MLCS.
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

RickJ said:

Going to be working with alot of oak...

Make friends with a good sharpener dude like our resident expert Scott.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I tend to buy whiteside and Freud for my "better" bits. I use the heck out of MLCS although for bits I don't anticipate using often. They are more than adequate for those "one project" type jobs.
-Marc

I'm going with Brian in sunny Fla for the win. Tell them to give you the WoodNet discount
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Depending on the profile, if its available, the Freud quad-ra-cut bits can't be beat.

If you want to argue, you've never used them.

Ed
EdL said:

Depending on the profile, if its available, the Freud quad-ra-cut bits can't be beat.

If you want to argue, you've never used them.

Ed

+100000000001
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"