problems with irrigation pump/bladder tank
Experts, when I first turn on the pump, the tank pressurizes to about 50# and shuts off. I have a new 40-60 pressure switch. after 10-15 seconds pressure starts to drop and the pump kicks in. it runs up to about 45# and continues to run; it won't shut off or increase pressure. If I cut power to the system, air starts to gurgle in the clear reservoir and pressure drops to zero.
What's the deal?
web page
Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul!
MAGA!!
No expert here, but been there, done that. You either need a new tank because the bladder is busted out, or you don't have enough air in the bladder. I'm thinking the former.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
there's a valve on the top of the tank. let just a hair bit of air out, if you get water instead of air, your tank's bladder is busted.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I'll check the air pressure. The tank is only a year old, so I didn't really think it may have failed. But stranger things have happened.
Thanks for the replies.

Rick
Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul!
MAGA!!
You have leaks and one of them is either the drop pipe to the pump or its check valve.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Check the bladder Schrader for water and then if it's good turn the pump off empty the tank leave the valve open and set the air pressure in the bladder to 38lbs. Pressure tank pressure Is 2 lbs below the start pressure of the pump.

If you have air gurgling in the filter housing you may be pulling air back from where ever the other pipe goes. I'd like to see a valve on the pipe going down so you can isolate that output during service and testing.

You may also have a leaking check valve in the pump allowing water to drain back into the well and suck air from the house or where ever that pipe goes to.

I'm no expert but have have a fair bit of experience with Wells and pumps.
Checked the Schrader valve; no water. The psi is 38. I'll see what I can do about the check valve. Thanks for all of the help.
Rick
MAGA!!