Craftsman Cabinet Saw Rehab
Do you know who the OEM is for that saw? Reminds me of a Unisaw Jr. Those were 8" though. Maybe an Atlas or King Seely I suppose.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
That's a great price for one of those. The restore looks great too. If it were mine I think I would have gone for a red on that one. It just says red to me. Nice work.
I was yanking my neighbor's chain is all.
He knows me too well.
Axehandle said:

Do you know who the OEM is for that saw? Reminds me of a Unisaw Jr. Those were 8" though. Maybe an Atlas or King Seely I suppose.

According to OWWM, it's King Seely. It was manufactured around 1960.

If I'm not mistaken all the Unisaw variants were true Cabinet saws with the motor in the cabinet.

This is really a Contractor saw on steroids with the innards mounted on the top and the motor hanging out back.

As we are getting rain all day thanks to remnants of TS Bonnie, I'm going to build inserts for the drawers next to the router to hold the slew of router bits that I've collected over the years....

Thanks all for the good words. The saw is a pleasure to use and the storage well received.

cheers,
chris
Very nice job. I can sympathize with things taking longer than you originally anticipate. Life does tend to get in the way sometimes. You can be justifiably proud of this one.
stav said:

That's a great price for one of those. The restore looks great too. If it were mine I think I would have gone for a red on that one. It just says red to me. Nice work.

Well to be honest, the $20 purchase price for the saw was just a drop in the bucket.

I've probably got $600 tied up in all the stuff to make what you see in the picture:
  • Motor
  • Starter
  • Plywood
  • Fir 4 X 4 for the base
  • Paint
  • Nuts and Bolts
  • Router Plate
  • Wheels
  • Glue
  • Pulleys
  • Belt
  • Fence
  • Handwheels
  • Replacement odds and ends from another saw
  • Drawer Slides
  • Etc, etc, etc.

Not that I'm complaining tho! All in all, I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

I've still got the original cast iron webbed extensions. If anyone wants them, PM me.
chris
Better than new! Awesome job. Very well thought out and quite functional. Kudos.

And who still uses dial-up?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
It looks great, and I'll bet it works beautifully. You know that saw inside and out now, so keeping it running at tip top condition will be a lot easier than with another saw. And it's set up just as you want it.

It may have been a big time investment, but you'll get paid back every time you use it.

Pictures are appreciated. If anyone is trying to minimize downloads because of data limits, dial-up, or anything else, they can just use opera mini as a browser.
Outstanding job...
Another 50 years of life for that gem-in-the-rough...Well done!