domino storage box
Spent most of Saturday working on a small box to hold a set of dominos. Eventually this will go to my nephew as a "rainy day" activity.

You can buy nice domino sets but they come in crappy plastic and cardboard boxes. This one is cherry for the box with cherry splines. The lid is angere veneer, the bottom is walnut veneer. The lining is mahogany which sticks up just enough to form the lip for the lid. Pretty much everything came from the scrap bin. It was a nice scrap bin collection until the last few projects but now it's looking a bit bare.

"Blended" project, about 20% power tools, 80% hand tools and tuning so posting it here instead of down a few floors.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Very nice! I keep my dominoes in an old plastic toolbox.
Nice job! Beautiful miters, and I like the way you chose to stack the dominoes. I would have tried the stack face down, but they never seem to come out even. Sometimes simple stares you in the face until that brilliant flash when you recognize it, or you walk into the wall.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
I thought it was gonna be green.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Some lucky kid has a really Uncle
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I sure miss playing "42" with my Dad, and "Chicken foot" with my sister.
The soundtrack to my family gathering included dominos rattling as my dad, granddad and two uncles played 42.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Richard D. said:

Took me a moment...
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Rob Young said:

[blockquote]Richard D. said:

Took me a moment...

[/blockquote]

I'm still in the moment- Dominoes- box- storage- cherry- nephew- rainy day- dominoes pizza- recyclable- eco friendly....................I got nothing.