Bronze LN #212 works great on paint
Sorry for the shock. I am continuing with the rocking chair project. Yesterday I finished installing the cedar slats. Today begins the paint prep. Certain areas of the chair have glue residue where I tried in vain to salvage the cane. Other areas which were more exposed to the elements have paint flaking.

The chisel and sandpaper were going too slowly and then I thought of my little scraper. Once it was fetched and put on the job, things went quickly. It rooted through the extraneous gunk like a dog after fleas.

As you can see from the action shot, it gnawed away the paint and left the wood undisturbed. I originally got the plane for working birdseye maple. It works well in that situation. Lie Nielsen might not have been thinking about paint when they made this tool, but they should have. It works great.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Clever use for a 212. I really like mine. For glue squeezeout and paint removal, I've found my Bahco carbide scraper also does a really great job. I'm guessing the 212 allows more controlled removal compared to the Bahco.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill