Spraying Arm R Seal
Anyone ever sprayed this ?

I have a large farm table top that I want to use this on. I'm worried about keeeping a wet edge on a surface this big if I wipe in the 95f weather in East Tennessee.

GO VOLS
Arm R Seal is oil based and unless you have an airless or hybred unit you will have a right mess and overspray all over Even an airless will probably have problems. It is much slower than a waterborne to dry so if you plan and work fast you should be OK. Dry to touch in 1 to 2 hours and recoat in 12+ hours.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
How large a top? I struggled last Fall trying to wipe Arm-R-Seal onto a 4 x 7' top. No matter what I couldn't get it on streak free. I finally succeeded by diluting it about 25% with mineral spirits and applying it with a foam brush. It came out beautifully. I never did go back and try wiping it on after diluting it to see if it would work just as well. My gut tells me brushing was better because I could put it heavier which allowed it to flow out dead flat before it set.

John
I wouldn't spray it.
John, I have found it goes on streak free with a foam brush without being thinned but only when you first open the can. Pour out as much as you will use for one coat and reseal the can to slow evaporation of the solvent and not to contaminate the main batch.
You probably already do this. 25% seems like a lot.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Hi Richard,

I couldn't get it to go on without brush marks until I thinned it. It was a brand new can, too. I know 25% sounds like a lot of thinner for Arm-R-Seal, and I never would have done it had I not already tried nearly everything else I could think of. But it didn't really make it too water like and it sure flowed on beautifully so I wasn't going to question it at that point. And it only took about 3 coats over the three wiped on ones I already had on it to build up a thick enough layer to rub out.

Arm-R-Seal is the same solids content as Waterlox and people often thin that stuff 25% or more.

John
Table is about 7 feet long and 3 feet wide.
General Finishes recommends their Extender to use with products on large jobs. Works great, worth the small price.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Unfortunately Extender is for water based products. Arm R Seal is oil based and it would just make a big mess. MS seems to work just fine.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
i use a lot of this stuff, and find that a staining pad is fast, lays down a good coat, and is easy to control. i throw it in a bucket of mineral spirits and use it 10+ times before going to the next pad.