Gift ideas for a 13 year old girl
I have a friend who's daughter turns 13 in a few months. When his older daughter turned 13 a few years ago I made a jewelry box that he had inscribed. He was hoping to have something different for this daughter, but I'm not coming up with any good ideas. Has anyone done anything like this? I have no idea what appeals to 13 year old girls! (Does anyone?)
Thanks!!
buzzard752 said:

I have no idea what appeals to 13 year old girls! (Does anyone?)
Thanks!!

15 year old boys.

Sounds like a nice gift

I remember my mom saying way back when that the only people who really like 14 year old girls are 15 year old boys.. lol .
Do you know anything about the interests of your friends daughter or will it be more of an any girl type gift?
I think it's more of an any girl type gift. I'll see if she has any special interests.
How about a scaled down version of a Hope Chest, like 30x15x15? Larger than a jewelry box but just as easy to make.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
If you do turning a necklace tree is always a nice gift. Even one made out of cut pieces is nice.
My teenaged grandchildren LOVE to eat. If she cooks, a pizza peel might be nice.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Here are a few: 1. My grand-daughter has been taking piano lessons since forever. When she turned 13, I made her a little box in the form of a grand piano. 2. Does your friend's daughter have a pet or a favorite animal? Possibilities there. 3. Music? Some creative "wall art" that reflects her love of music (which I assume she has) might be nice. 4. Clothing and style. You might have some fun making a display of the kinds of things 13 year-olds wore years ago and wear today....
How about a hand mirror?
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
No Daughters, no kids, but a lot of 13 y/o nieces along the way. At that age the desire to be a young Woman is strong, and one of the first accumulations a young Woman puts together is Jewelry, and Lingerie. As stated already a box/chest smaller than a Hope chest, but bigger than a do dad box. I've always left it to "Mom" to explain to them what is supposed to go inside. I always thought if I explained that I would be that strange Uncle............... Thanks but no thanks, I'm strange enough as is.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW