Frank Klausz Shop Tour
Found this at the Wood and Shop blog. Very interesting tour of his personal shop that he built after he retired. Part 2 is his famous dovetail demo, but probably the most detailed one showing his method of cutting a dovetail. Parts of this video sounds like Klausz advertising for Lie-Nielsen, so be forewarned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrtiqkyVaBY
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I've seen several of his video's for his new shop.. Good stuff.
I like that monster molding plane he built.
[Image: 19883933659_baf12312a0_z.jpg]
Nice video of a beautiful shop. Though he mentioned LN, he also mentioned Adria, Grammercy and Lee Valley, though most mention was LN. I do have a bone to pick with him: he said my favorite DT saw i(Grammercy), is a "woman's saw", because the handle is small! That's ok by me, as my hands are not the bear paws he has!

Frank is one of the unsung heros of our hobby/profession.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
He certainly calls them as he sees them. Bummer about those Woman's hands
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

He certainly calls them as he sees them. Bummer about those Woman's hands

Yabut, I got far more plumb bobs than he does, though he says he gave a lot away when he moved into his new shop, and do you know what they say about guys with lots of plumb bobs?
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Tony Z said:

Yabut, I got far more plumb bobs than he does, though he says he gave a lot away when he moved into his new shop, and do you know what they say about guys with lots of plumb bobs?

No, I don't. I sold mine to the next Survey Class student to help pay for books. I always tie string on a big nut, or a bunch of washers. You know what they say about those.....
As you can see from the pictures Frank has had no influence in any of my work.

I did send him a Bailey #4 I ground just to thank him for the videos he did and later he sent me send me some pictures of him using the plane and some sassafras shavings.

He said he had to refinish the wood and sharpen it. I know he likes nice tools and I figured he would re- sharpen his own tools anyway. The wife put the pictures away for safe keeping until I could put them on the other side of my air cleaner. I wanted oh have those pictures on one side of my air cleaner and Norm and myself on the other. They are so safe that even she can't find them.

I did put a leg vise on the back side. Everyone seems to think a Roubo
Bench is the way to go so I though why not try concept out. My one after thought is I wish I would have put it at the other end because then I would have a both left and righted vise.

I kind of enjoyed what he had to say about the leg vise. I never use mine. But I will admit the leg vise was an after thought and it took a lot of thought on how to incorporate it to the bench.

Tom

Tom
That is a nice looking wood working bench Tom.

Steve