Craftsman thickness planer knife guauge
Trying to help a friend out here- she recently bought a
Craftsman thickness planer- but did not get the knife gauge. According to the sears parts web site, it is no longer available. Planer model 351.23378. The gauge is part number 3879.00 ( two needed ) and a rod, part number 9640. I did some google attempts, but came up empty. She can reach the person that she bought it from- hopefully they have the gauge hiding somewhere. The guy that sold it to her was helping a friend with some stuff, so it is not a direct line to the original owner.

Any suggestions? She will be posting on OWWM shortly.

If you can't find the Craftsman pieces for cheap, you could use any generic planer / jointer knife setting jig. Here is one example. I think my Craftsman planer / molder came with the same set you are looking for. If you buy me the powertech set I'll swap you

http://www.amazon.com/POWERTEC-80000-Pla..._1_2&sr=8-2

There are other less expensive set-up jigs. Look around for a magnetic knife setting jig. I'm sure you can find something. Don't waste too much time looking the OEM pieces
That appears to be just another bench top type planer(?), if true the smaller Planer Pals should work just fine. I used these on my Delta 22-540 for years, and found them a lot easier to use than the (useless) factory gauge....and they're very affordable.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks. I was hoping someone would share personal experience. I saw those on line and was wondering.....

Update- she ordered the planet pals. I helped her install the fresh blades recently- amazingly easy to use and the planer works like a champ. Thanks again