Need help with setting the lazy susan mechanism in project
Hello again guys,

I need a better way to do something. I'm installing a "Lazy Susan" mechanism on a bowl bottom. Right now I really have a half-butt way of doing it.

I thought you guys might have a better way. ie, jig, fixture or procedure.

Using the photo below. You can see the bowl bottom (that is upside down on the left), and the base (on the right)

I like using the middle area (where the lazy susan is installed) for the faceplate mountings.

Right now, what I do, is while each section is mounted, I use a compass and mark a line, while turning slowly. then I make a v-groove (GREEN LINE indicates a round V-groove cut) for the screws (Purple Dots) used in the lazy susan.

My problem is I hardly ever get the v-groove right and it is always off a little.

By the way... there is a middle step, when I use the router table, to cut the recess's on each side, to better conceal the lazy susan mechanism.

Any ideas?
If you used round lazy susan hardware, you could just cut grooves on the lathe to put the hardware in. You would still need to drill the through-holes in the base for the screw access, but locating them should be easier - especially if the screws are in multiples of 3.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Yes, I am cutting grooves. It is just that my grooves are always just a little off the mark. The grooves mark the spots where the screws go in. So, since I am always off about 1/16" of an inch. It makes setting the screws difficult.

I just got an idea. Perhaps make circle grooves near the outside of the "lazy susan" to just guide me.

Huh, that might work. I'll give it a try on the next bowl.
I cut a dovetail into which the lazy susan fits. Doing it on the lathe means it is perfectly centered every time. Although the lazy susan is square, that is not a problem. It can even be free-floating with no need to screw it down if you wish.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.