1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics
Worth the work...here's a shot from the top of the stairs showing the old/untouched handrail/spindles versus the new.  Happy with how it turned out...now two more coats of poly and I can proceed with finishing the treads.
[Image: 17_Handrail_Finished_zpsn0a1s9hi.jpg]
Down goes the dye on every other tread:

[Image: 18_Stair_Dyed_zps9fxh0rnn.jpg]
That's going to look good.  What products did you use? 

John
Thanks!  Finish schedule is Transtint Red Mahogany, followed by a water based sealer.  Light sand to knock down the raised grain then a 50/50 mix of General Finishes Antique Walnut and Georgian Cherry gel stain.  Finally topped with satin water based poly.
Thanks.  That sure gives a nice, rich color.  Sorry to be a pain, but which WB Poly?

John
I used Arm-R-Seal on the hand rail...I haven't applied anything to the stairs...just finished the glaze last night.  I figured I would use Mixwax for floors.
Arm-R-Seal is oil based.  I've used it on handrails, too, with excellent long term durability. 

If the MinWax poly you plan to use for the floors is water based, as in Polycrylic, I would rethink that decision.  Minwax oil based poly is really tough; Polycrylic not so much.  If you want to use a WB product for the floor (I would) I think you should consider one specifically designed for that application.  GF makes a couple in their Pro line, one of the Bona products is said to work very well, and I'm sure there are others. 

John
Thanks John...actually went with Minwax Super Fast Drying Poly for Floors.  It states cleanup is with Mineral Spirits so I assume it's oil based.

Only issue I see right now is even using satin...after 3 coats...it's a bit slippery.  Hoping that's just the "newness" to it and the fact that we've had carpeted stairs forever
Smile
While the poly is curing on the stairs...might as well keep working.

Got the toilet pulled and vanity/cabinet removed.  Granite didn't play nice coming out....the left and right wall had the paper damaged from adhesive.  I've already cut the bad drywall out on the left side.  The back will be treated the same and replacement drywall installed.
[Image: 19_VanityPulled_zpstdyie5hs.jpg]
popcorn ceiling - first have it tested for asbestos, if none found, wet and scrape