Grizzly GO778 Bandsaw Tension Handle
I have a Griz 14" GO778 bandsaw. I have probably broken at least 3 of the blade tension handles after numerous tensioning/de-tensioning of the blades. Usually it bends and eventually weakens and snaps at the base due to the repeated bending stress. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions (I have already talked to Grizzly - they really did not have an answer - other than to replace the part). It is not an expensive part - a few bucks - but it is a hassle to extract the broken piece of the of the handle out of the hub.
Never had that happen... Are you pulling on it at somewhat of an angle so it tries to twist also maybe? Other than reinforcing it, I can't think of anything.
Benny

Thanks – but I don’t think that is the issue – pretty much pulling the handle straight back. I did grease the inner “workings” – particularly the eccentric cam that produces the actual tension action – that seemed to help somewhat