Delta chop saw taking a long time to stop (video inside)
My 12" delta miter saw is suddenly taking an extra second or two to stop-- used to stop the blade pretty quickly.
Sounds like the motor is still running-- is this a bad switch, or something else? It still is cutting just fine.

I took a quick video of it, so you can see/hear what's happening.
Youtube video of my mitersaw

Colin
Usually dirty switch contacts. Try clicking the switch as its stopping and see if it partly slows. If it does its definitely the switch. Even if it doesn't it's still most likely the switch.
Problem with the electric brake ?
Pull the motor brushes, insert a commutator cleaning stone and clean the commutator... sometimes brush residue will insulate the connection between armature/brushes and cause it to slow up some.

If the switch goes out- there's no braking action at all.

HTH
One day, Chuck Norris ordered two pizzas to go.  They went.
Several years back, I was having a similar experience with my Dewalt. After wracking my brain and posting on here, discovered the blade wasn't tight. Duh!!
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.
3finger said:

Several years back, I was having a similar experience with my Dewalt. After wracking my brain and posting on here, discovered the blade wasn't tight. Duh!!

my friend just had this happen-- but with mine, i hear the motor still running--that wouldn't happen if the blade were loose, no?
Cdshakes said:

[blockquote]3finger said:

my friend just had this happen-- but with mine, i hear the motor still running--that wouldn't happen if the blade were loose, no?

[/blockquote]
Well, that's part of what fooled me. The spinning blade made it sound like it was still running. It probably has nothing to do with your problem, but is real easy to check and eliminate.
3finger said:

Happened to me too. Does make you feel stupid. But how does it cut with a loose blade? I know it does--but how?
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
Papa Jim said:

[blockquote]3finger said:

Happened to me too. Does make you feel stupid. But how does it cut with a loose blade? I know it does--but how?

[/blockquote]
I my case, it was just tight enough that it could generate enough momentum to cut the smaller pieces I was working with. I suspect that had I tried to cut a 6" wide piece of 8/4 oak, I would have quickly discovered something was wrong.
I don't see how a loose blade would cause this to happen.