A promise kept....
Admiral said:

[blockquote]iclark said:

Totally naive question, but...

where does your left hand go when you are using that?

On the raised fence, just like the small plow; works well and I can't see it would be a problem with this tool either.

[/blockquote]
I went back and looked. On the small plow, the fence guide rods end at the fence. On the large plow, it looks like the guide rods sticking out way beyond the fence would mean that it is hard to grip unless you have a low bench: the rear guide rod and the left wrist seem like they both want to be in the same place.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
iclark said:

[blockquote]Admiral said:

[blockquote]iclark said:

Totally naive question, but...

where does your left hand go when you are using that?

On the raised fence, just like the small plow; works well and I can't see it would be a problem with this tool either.

[/blockquote]
I went back and looked. On the small plow, the fence guide rods end at the fence. On the large plow, it looks like the guide rods sticking out way beyond the fence would mean that it is hard to grip unless you have a low bench: the rear guide rod and the left wrist seem like they both want to be in the same place.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

[/blockquote]

If you look again, there are knobs on the body of the plane as well as the fence, so the rods can be moved anywhere you like them.
Jason

Rob,

That looks fantastic! Will there be a left handed version available?
MrWhite said:

Rob,

That looks fantastic! Will there be a left handed version available?

Hi -

If we need a LH model - we will have one. Right now - the fence can be flipped to the other side - and used left handed.

The real issue is one of blade handedness...... if you want to use Stanley or Record blades - they can only be used in the RH version of ours.

Decision is still to made....

As of this moment - I feel that the compatibility with Stanley/Record (+Veritas RH) blades coupled with the ability to put the fence on the RHS trumps (not the political "Trump") the desirability of a handed body. (functional elements are already symmetric).

Cheers -

Rob
The difference between the lg and small?

The large probably cannot do horizontal beading
A+. Looks great!
bump to top
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Rob:

Thanks for the update.  I have a few of the Stanley & Record plows which I've decided to get rid of in the interest of paring down, figuring that I can get by with your small plow.  Just when I thought it was safe . . . 
Laugh

(Oops. Looks like I have Rich to thank for the bump.)

Cheers.
Tony
Thank you for reposting this.  Somehow, I had missed it last spring, and it did not turn up in the search I did of WN.  Looks very nice.