Delta 17-968 Drill Press Question?

Are they any good as I have an opportunity to buy one?
Pro’s … Con’s. Value used? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
That was my first drill press, and I was very pleased with it. I used it for 15 years before I upgraded a few years ago.

Before buying, though, I would check to make sure everything runs/moves smooth and the runout on the spindle. If it all checks out it should be a good performer...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
I went and checked the drill press out and it rattled and vibrated excessively so I pass on the deal. Thanks for your input Dave.
fall said:

it rattled and vibrated excessively so I pass on the deal.

Probably a good call...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."