A carved basswood mantel
From long ago; the 1990's
A Louis XV carved mantel in basswood.
Basswood is a dream to carve. More of that please.

Can't GIVE it away here. Most places won't even saw it, because it costs more than they can get. I love it for insides and underneaths, but I have to buy white pine or reserve bass logs in the woods to get it sawed.

Is very friendly to a sharp edge.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Beautiful workmanship.
What was your thought process when you decided to frame the photos in the ugly plywood opening?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I lost almost all my electronic files. I pulled these out of an album, plopped them down onto a workbench, and shot them with an iPad.
I'm guessing that's what you're asking.
<edit>
Maybe you're talking about that boxlike thing in the background?
A client of mine back then had that made, and wondered if I could make more. It was some sort of bed. It had fold out legs, wheels and so on. She had a really exclusive shop selling fine furniture and decorative items. That was one of her ideas, and it just never worked out, but don't judge that book by its cover. Her (very exclusive) shop was in Menlo Park, an affluent town around here. Her shop sold many very fine items of French furniture. The clientele had discriminating taste, etc. It just so happened that that one particular item was an ugly duckling, and never went anywhere. Strangely, the mantel account came through my yellow pages ad. Things usually didn't work that way.
Gary it is time to see an eye doctor. Those aren't framed.
Very impressive. Thank you for showing it to us!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Remarkable, Paul. I really enjoy your threads of past work you've done. It's a strong reflection on how much high quality work you've done over the years. I guess "Pablo" really knew what he was talking about!

Restorer said:

Gary it is time to see an eye doctor. Those aren't framed.

Dayum, the frame is behind the photos.
At a distance they sure looked like it.
I just zoomed in and saw them correctly.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.