Rust Score - Oliver Pattern Maker's Vise
Imperfect, but I think I can make it work.

Noted defects:

On initial observation, the mounting plate is missing. The guy I bought it from will check and see if its mounted to a table somewhere. If not, its a fairly simple weldment to make a replacement part.

The dogs on the front of the vise are busted off, the rears are fine.

Then, the big deal. The square sliding part is snapped off the yoke part in front. Both halves are there and the break is fairly clean. I"m sure I can find a friend to weld it back together. I've been binge-watching vintage machinery videos and it seems like this is do-able with the right guy and the right technique.

$35.

Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Great score. Good luck with the rehab. I have one of the Woodcraft knock offs and it is just incredible to use.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Nice vise. You can fab the mounting plate from half of a heavy duty door hinge. Looks like you will also need the connecting rod and under the bench locking bracket. I can send you pics if you need them.
Gentleman Jim said:

Nice vise. You can fab the mounting plate from half of a heavy duty door hinge. Looks like you will also need the connecting rod and under the bench locking bracket. I can send you pics if you need them.

I'll take any pics you have. I'll send a PM with my e-mail.

I do have the connecting rod and bracket. Its on the far side and you can see the top of the bracket. I think that part is complete.

I figure to cut a mounting plate from a piece of c-channel or angle iron and adding a hinge barrel. Shouldn't be hard, just time consuming. Biggest problem is I have no local steel yard, so I'll have to find scrap when I"m on the road.

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
That is a super sweet find. I would love to have that restored and on my bench....

pic of the opposite side for the connecting rod and bracket

If you're not already aware of it, HERE's a site you should visit
definitely a you suck. I paid $350 for mine and it was in bad shape. I kept looking and just could not find one local for a good price.
Lets see if we can repair the main shaft.

I talked to my tool and die maker friend. He thinks we can braze it back together with little difficulty. We need to get a thermal blanket, which he doesn't have. He has everything else we need. I'm not an expert, but apparently brazing will at least equal the strength of cast iron.

I'll finish disassembly and post pics of the broken main shaft.

My friend also agrees with the approach of getting a piece of c-channel or angle and making a mount.

Grrrr! Can't get the pin out of the yoke for the handle. I've soaked the darn thing in penetrating oil for two days.

I did get the nut off and the back jaw off so at least the rest is now a manageable weight.

I'll try heat in the next day or so. If, that is, my propane torch works.