Adjustable Clamp Company
I heard recently that ACC went out of business. Is this true?

I haven't been able to find any articles in my search. I sincerely hope that isn't the case. Adjustable, Pony, and Jorgensen were all great American-made products that fill my shop. I know they were sending some of their manufacturing overseas to meet big-box price points, but I had hoped they would still be able to keep a strong U.S. base...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
This Thread has been running a little over a week:

Pony Gone?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Dammit.
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
From reading the article I hope they are just moving out of Chicago/ IL to a place that is more favorable to business. There has been a big surge in building large industrial sites just across the state line in WI.

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
Politics 
Lots of times, when companies outsource to China, the Chinese steal the design, copy the product, then bring the cheap copy back here to undermine our economy and our manufacturers.
Find and watch the documentary "Death by China" to watch the facts behind my statements.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Gary G™ said:

Lots of times, when companies outsource to China, the Chinese steal the design, copy the product, then bring the cheap copy back here to undermine our economy and our manufacturers.
Find and watch the documentary "Death by China" to watch the facts behind my statements.

Lets be honest... If the Chinese want to reverse manufacture a pony clamp, it's not exactly challenging. Harbor Frieght sells one that is almost a clone already. By moving overseas Pony wouldn't exactly be giving away state secrets...
Well, Bye...
If another American company copied and marketed an identical looking product, as the Chinese do, they'd be in court and lose.
How do you protect yourself (your company's) products from an ethos that doesn't honor our laws?
The clamps are one small example--handscrews, C-clamps, bar clamps, pipe clamps--all copied cheaply and look just like the original.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Isn't there something about expiration date for a patent? For something like a 'C' clamp I would think those could be made anywhere.
I don't think their aim is to move out of the USA. For years they stayed in Ill with very unfavorable contracts with their unions. They own "Easy Wood Tools" who make the carbide tipped turning tools, that is a non union Ky company, and state they will keep that open.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Years ago, Clamp Man & I were messaging back & forth over a question I had about something I had seen in Home Depot. A simple orange C-Clamp with the word "ADJUSTABLE" on it. I was surprised as I had never seen one of their C-Clamps painted orange...

Jim's (Clamp Man) reply was that they were forced to do some limited production overseas to maintain a price point or they'd lose the contract with HD. Neither of us were pleased with what was happening, but knew the writing was on the wall. That was over ten years ago, so I guess I should be grateful they were able to stick it out as long as they did.

I'm hopeful this is a temporary closure....

Dave