Delta Milwaukee bandsaw bearings
Anyone know a good place for 14" Milwaukee delta wheel bearings. 50's vintage.
Thanks
Accurate bearing is the place to get bearings to fit old machines.

Make sure you have all the measurements you need, then call and ask for Lynne, as described here.
If the bearing has a stamped number on it, that may be all you need.
I got some from my local Motion Industries for my early 40's vintage. I was lucky to talk with a veteran of the industry and he knew exactly what I needed.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
daddo said:

Unless the bearing is special bore in inches, then you need to measure the ID of the old bearing.
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
when that saw left the factory, the bearings used were likely New Departure brand of the following sizes.
Lower shaft: 2 each 87504
upper wheel 2 each 87502
blade backup 2 each 6200LL

What has happened to that saw in the last so many years is anybody's guess, so measuring is the safest way.
Thanks all!
Bill
gregr said:

[blockquote]daddo said:

Unless the bearing is special bore in inches, then you need to measure the ID of the old bearing.

[/blockquote]

As described by my supplier;

The number on that bearing is specific for that bearing and any deviation will change the number on that bearing. If not, then the numbers mean nothing. A cross reference to another brand of bearing will yield the same engineered bearing. If there is any tolerance difference between them, it would be poor manufacturing.
A seller may have their own stock/part numbers that vary and that would be the only difference. They would then use a suffix in their stock number.
daddo said:

[blockquote]gregr said:

[blockquote]daddo said:

[/blockquote]

As described by my supplier;

The number on that bearing is specific for that bearing and any deviation will change the number on that bearing. If not, then the numbers mean nothing. A cross reference to another brand of bearing will yield the same engineered bearing. If there is any tolerance difference between them, it would be poor manufacturing.
A seller may have their own stock/part numbers that vary and that would be the only difference. They would then use a suffix in their stock number.

[/blockquote]

That has not been my experience and I have replaced a lot of bearings.
The 6200 series bearings have no special designation for either a metric bore or an inch bore. If you call a bearing supply house such as Accurate Bearing and ask for a 6202 bearing for example, if the order taking person knows anything at all about bearings they will ask what is the bore. It can be 15mm, 1/2" or 5/8".
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
+1 for Accurate Bearing, ask for Lynn.

Ed