Frameless built-in
Long story short, I'd rather not eat up opening space in the cabinets in a window bench/seat I'm building in my office. So I'd like to do this thing frameless and not face-framed. Not having done a built-in without frames before...how do you butt the cabinet up to the wall? With face frames you just leave a gap and use the face frame to cover the cabinet side, the gap and flush up against the wall. Frameless though...there must be some way but I can't think of or find it. Googlefu fail.

TIA,
Shane
Putting the cabinet against the wall doesn't work?

Twinn
Will post for food.
You still need a trim board on the side of the cabinet against the wall. Walls are almost never plumb so if looks are important you need a trim board between the wall and cabinet. You scribe the trim board to the wall just like you would scribe a faceframe. The trim board doesn't have to be very wide, but it does have to be at least as wide as how much your wall is out of plumb over the height of the cabinet. I typically recess the trim board back about 1/4" from the front of the cabinet to create a visual break between the cabinet and wall, but that's personal preference.

John
Or just go old school and build it in place.
Rusty
Poppa's Woodworks
As mentioned, you still use a scribe. Its just a separate piece instead of an wider piece of faceframe. I typically make mine about 3/4" wide unless the out of plumb condition requires more. I make them dead flush with the box face as it simulates the box-to-box condition. Depending on circumstances, I attach them from inside the cabinet or from the outside.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Excellent. I didn't think of just moving the cabinet out an inch or so and stick the trim piece between the cabinet and wall. Thanks so much.
A 1/2" cove or 1/4 round molding will fill the space. It is not as elegant as scribing but that is what all the kitchen contractors do.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Cooler said:

A 1/2" cove or 1/4 round molding will fill the space. It is not as elegant as scribing but that is what all the kitchen contractors do.

Not on frameless unless you still scab on a filler outside the box width. So now you have two pieces and further erode into available box width. Not so important if you use standard boxes and have a wide scribe. If you custom make the box to the space for maximum storage, its less useful.

I do that on exposed sides of boxes since you can just tack them to the box. Not on the face.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry