Old PC ROS is showing it's age.
I'm on my second Bosch over the span of about 15 years. Next one will be Bosch as long as it's not made in china.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
It's doing those doors, both sides in less than an hour

It's not worn out, it's just doing a work slowdown for contract renegotiation

On the lower end of the scale I've had good luck with the Bosch. Last time I spent anywhere near 100 bux on a ROS was on one of those "no neck" PC's, but they quit making them? I still have mine, and it just won't quit. My wallet really liked that one
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Got an order of 100 grit discs today. Gonna slap one of those on the sander---rejuvenate its world!!!!!
Don't use ROS sanders much, but when I do, I use my Festool.........'nuf said.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I had two of the PC ROS's for years...darn things wouldn't die. Then, about three years ago, Ace Hdw had a special on 5" DeWalts for $29. I figured for that price, it would be nice to have a third sander for when I was sanding with different grits. To make a long story short, it worked so much better than the PCs, that they have set on the shelf ever since...I just use the DeWalt and change the discs, as needed. Not a Festool, but works for me.
Bob
my DW worked fine for 20 years until I let a painter use it. His plan was to get a cheap one from walmart and take it back when the job was done

There is a friction disk that is worn out, I haven't gotten around to ordering a replacement. I got a Ryobi as a stop-gap (about the same price as the DW part). It runs awfully fast, that makes it hard to use
I have had 3 of the PC 8 hole for many years, replaced the pad on all three. Maybe two years ago a friend gave me a Makita 8 hole. It is more quiet and easier on the hand. If I had to buy another ROS now, I would have to go with the Makita.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
The festool 5" is a lot of clams but it's worth it. I think it's the 145es? To quote colonel potter not enough o's in smooth to describe it. Although he was talking about 15 yr old scotch. Regardless it's the one tool you use on every project... I don't want to sound like a commercial good luck
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry
I have a Dewalt that is quite aggressive, but I like this setup the best.....

"That's like getting a running start and diving headfirst into the vortex."

Steve Freidman 4/21/2013