HANDTOOLS: A couple of D-8s, nice
As promised, I've had a good run of finding saws in good condition, and here are a couple that are the pick of the litter; worthy saws, each as a straight plate, cleaned and polished, and freshly sharpened, ready to go.

First up is a D-8 skewback, 8pt, 26", handle solid with no chips, nice etch, cleaned up really nice; plenty of plate depth, a few pics showing the sharpening process; this one took one forming pass and two sharpening passes with the file to get done properly, but its done right and cuts smooth and straight; Yours for $75 plus shipping, a nice saw; pics:

001 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 003 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 004 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 005 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 006 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 007 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 008 by Admiral N, on Flickr" />

Next is another D-8, this one with the etch that has the "8" inside the "D" and the Phila medallian dates this one between '96 and 1917, 9 pt, 26" handsaw. Plate straight, plenty of depth, freshly sharpened, cuts very well and tracks straight, handle solid, one small ship on underside of top horn, etch clear,; this was prime Disston production, very nice saw, in fact, a beaut. Yours for $85 plus shipping, pics:

001 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 002 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 003 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 004 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 005 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 007 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 008 by Admiral N, on Flickr" />

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and include your shipping address in the PM so I can quote postage and print up a mailing label.

I don't have paypal, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you and then a check is just fine.

Two very worthy saws that will be exceptional users. I have a couple of panel saws I've not yet cleaned and sharpened, along with some more handsaws, so keep watching.

Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Rich those are some very nice looking saw's, those won't last long i'm sure.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I spent a considerable amount of time getting these into shape, so much so that the buyer is really getting the actual saw for free considering the full rehab they both underwent. But the next time they are sharpened it will be an easy job!
Rip or Xcut?
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Sorry, forgot to say, both crosscut, filed pretty standard, 15 deg rake, 25 deg fleam.
9 pt D-8 is sold, 8 pt remains available.

Thought I'd add another saw, Here's a Disston 26" D-23 8pt crosscut, as found by me and I haven't touched it at all, but boy in what nice condition so I didn't have to. Post war medallion, made in Phila. I don't think this was used more than a couple of times, just sat around 60 or more years, crisp as they come, you just don't find many in this condition anymore. Handle in excellent condition with no chips, etc., etch is abundantly clear, full plate, and looks to me like original factory sharpening and set, still fairly sharp and cuts wood ok, but will need to be sharpened for optimal performance; plate is straight and true; interesting item - saw is clearly 8pt crosscut and was made that way, but plate is stamped 5 1/2, so I guess this was taken from another pile as it was clearly not retoothed after it was sold, I've seen this anomaly before. I thought of keeping it myself, but I've got 2 nice ones already so it has to go, I just couldn't leave it on the vendor's table it was so nice. Yours for $75 plus shipping; if you want me to joint and sharpen for you, add another $40; stunning pics:

002 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 003 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 004 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 005 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 006 by Admiral N, on Flickr" /> 007 by Admiral N, on Flickr" />
Rich you are becoming the saw Man, nice looking saw's and yes I am drooling .

Steve
Bump for the D-8 and the incredibly crispy D-23.
Oh, boy, I'm supposed to know about saws but I blew this one.......

CORRECTION: the D-23, while indeed an 8 pt, is filed RIP! Nice awareness on my part, I just assumed an 8 pt would be cc, but I took another close look at this beauty just now and to my surprise, rip it was. And it's sharp too, factory for sure. Now I know why it cut cc just ok, but it rips just dandy.

So a sharp 8 pt D-23 rip is now for sale. I really don't think it was ever used much at all.

So I am publicly shamed......
If that's the most embarrassing thing you do this week, you've got it made.

Nice saws. The D-8 that sold was sooooo tempting, but I finally figured out a way to control the saw population - built a saw till with a limited number of slots. Now if I want to buy one, someone has to go.

Steve