Pool Build 2016.
Grading happened yesterday. I took down a pool in March and moved it to my house. Will start the pool construction next weekend, assuming I can still find all the parts. 27' round, so about 1/3 more water than the pool at the old house. I paid my brother to do the job. I could have done it, but I had to finish up the driveway erosion remediation, he can use the money and it turned out a lot better than if I'd done it.

Season is half over.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Mr_Mike said:

Season is half over.

Still have 3.5 months here and the heat isn't even here yet. Only hit 104* once so far.

I'm thinking of getting a small pool and taking it down after summer which is usually the beginning of october. Need somewhere to cool off since the Waterpark closed (800k behind in bills to the city).
That big pile of dirt may cause you a problem.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Mr_Mike said:

Season is half over.

a) when I got the pool it was going to go up sooner than this but life happened
b)SWMBO has decreed it is going up this summer.
crokett™ said:

[blockquote]Mr_Mike said:

Season is half over.

a) when I got the pool it was going to go up sooner than this but life happened
b)SWMBO has decreed it is going up this summer.

[/blockquote]

Understood. SWMBO will most likely not clean the pool once either.

Just had pool parties last three days. Lots of work cleaning pool and environs.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I never have figured out why people think pools are so much work. We had a 27' above ground when we lived in MA. It's all about routine.
Here in Central AR, we currently just have a 15' frame pool. Hardest part about is is setting up and taking down.
I'm still working out what I want for a permanent pool.
Just got my new 24' pool up and running a few weeks ago, still have the deck and fence to finish but its been too hot to get it done. As a bonus the pool water has stayed in the 87-88 degree range. Had a 27' round for 5 years, it was here when we moved in but very poorly installed, out of level and the floor was very bumpy and hard to clean. The liner had a rough texture that made it impossible to clean. Took it out 8 years ago, but the wife always wanted another. I tried to talk her out of it but she rarely asks for much so I had to give in.

Went with a new DE filter and using bleach to chlorinate this time around. Those 3" pucks were handy but really mess up pool chemistry over time. Considering a salt water generator next year but so far it has been incredibly easy to maintain this way. I don't have trees near the pool and its fully in the sun all day, very little cleaning involved. Really very little time spent on it. A few minutes each day to test and add chlorine, a quick brush or vac each week and it's sparkling. Using less than 2 gallon of bleach per week and I've only added water once or twice in 3 weeks, and that's with no rain. This filter works so much better, 3 weeks and haven't had to touch it. Got so tired of continually having to backwash the old sand filter and send my expensive water and chemicals down the drain.
Pools really aren't much work but they are pricey to maintain. Running the pump uses allot of electricity when you consider it's on nearly 24 hrs a day and really should run continuously. Chlorine is costly as well.

I used to take care of 4 pools where I lived before here. One was behind open d the other was next door. Never needed a pool myself. All in ground pools.
One was a practice pool for a "new" cleaning system at the time. It has jets that pop up from the bottom and blow all the dirt and gunk on the bottom to the big drain basket. The basket caught all the leaves and you just used a pole to pull it out. Even the hot tub had here jets and it worked very well. Only emptied the skimmers and basket and all was done. Course I had to repair the 2 pumps from time to time.

My neighbor originally went with bacusil which was awful IMO. When he sold it the new neighbor went with a pool service which meant chlorine gas.

For clarity ease of maintenance overall cost etc you can't beat having then use chlorine has but it is much harder on the plaster and as such he did have to re plaster it a while back. The pool was always crystal clear and the service was cheaper than buying chlorine.

Another friend had switched his to a salt water system. I personally think it's the best way to go but remember you need a pump etc that can handle the salt. It can get a little foggy when there are allot of people in the pool but no chlorine smell and much softer water. I prefer swimming in salt water anyway as thats what I grew up with.

Also be careful of pool pumps on ebay. My neighbor bought one once. Worked great till the impeller broke. It was a unit only sold in Australia so parts were not available even though it's a us pump manufacturer. Different mount all together. And no it didn't spin the other direction