Outfeed too high
So my outfeed table is 1 1/2 inches higher than my new TS saw. So I gotta cut down the trestle base of this outfeed I made many years ago. The top is torsion box and has remained flat...so I don't want to get rid of this table. Its got a pc 690 in it and clamping holes...its more like a workbench. Laminated top.

But the cut is going to be tough. Its 8/4 maple, about 36inches, with another 4inch block of 8/4 glued on each end to support the leg levelers. So the ends are 16/4. Only way I can think to cut it is turn the table over and cut from the side with a circular saw...which is complicated by the end pieces. May have to handsaw the ends. Everything is glued...one piece....cant take the legs off. Poor planning on my part....should have anticipated one day needing to shorten it.
Any ideas?
Raise the table saw? (not trying to sound like a smartass).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Well I considered that but want to keep it mobile. Also want to make the outfeed mobile too. My shop is so small now everything needs to move. But the easy solution is just stick a couple 2/4's under it and call it a day.
How's the mobile base arranged. I raised mine (only 3/4") but just putting a piece of ply between the saw and the mobile base.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have a shop fox mobile base. The saws sits low on the inside corners of the base. I don't really like this base even though it gets good reviews. I could have just made one out of double ply with 4 locking casters... I don't like the fact the shop fox has two straight wheels and only two swivel casters. Took me longer to build the mobile base around the saw that it did to put the saw together.

But I suppose I could get something under the saw in the corners but not 1.5in as it would be near the edge
2x4 frame on flat to raise the saw up. Your back will thank you. I also have shop fox mobile base but when the wheels fell apart I just built a 2x4 base with casters under it raising the saw about 6" or so and it's much more comfortable to use and with the base being much wider it doesn't try to roll at all so never messed with chocks.
I'd tip the table and cut the legs. Do the scribe trick to ensure each leg is cut evenly. For me, I'd use a Japanese pull saw and not a circular saw. Better control, IMO. If you don't own one, you can get a pretty decent one at any home center.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Turn the table on its side.
Cut with a circular saw with a temporary fence squared up to guide the saw.
Do all four legs.
Flip the table 180 degrees.
Reposition the fence.
Cut the other 8/4 of the legs.
Report back to the forum.
What brand of tablesaw?

Doug
I dont think I have explained the nature of the table's legs very well...this is not a four post leg table, but a trestle leg table where the legs contact the floor for the full width of the table. So there is about 64inches of cutting to do, with 16inches of that 16/4. And its not a straight cut since it bumps out at each end. I got japanese saws but that is a lot of cutting. It would be easier to understand if I could post a photo but have forgotten how to do that.

I been looking at the mobile base and if I could get the saw up off the floor and block it 3inches up I could take off the casters and put a small square of two by four between the casters and the frame and then I got my 1.5inches. Its just getting the saw up. I could hardly budge it when it was bare and now its got the fence, wings, router wing, etc and all I got is a standard pry bar. And now it wants to roll. How do you guys get yours saws that are on mobile bases up off the floor to make modifications.