How to clean sprinklers
I have a few of the type of sprinklers that you hook up to a garden hose to water the lawn. Over the years, it seems they get a little "plugged up" from insects, etc climbing in the nice moist environment leaving their remains, webs. Is there something that I could pour or soak them in the make it dissolve? Compressed air doesn't seem to work.
Thanks!
Did you try "reverse flow" with the air? shop vac?
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
CLR
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

toolmiser said:

I have a few of the type of sprinklers that you hook up to a garden hose to water the lawn. Over the years, it seems they get a little "plugged up" from insects, etc climbing in the nice moist environment leaving their remains, webs. Is there something that I could pour or soak them in the make it dissolve? Compressed air doesn't seem to work.
Thanks!

JGrout's suggestion of CLR will work well for mineral deposits like lime and calcium. Dunno how well it will work for bug parts and organic debris, maybe worth a try. You probably have some mineral deposits in the holes anyway so it will help that. Have you taken a close look at the ends of the sprinkler to see if you can unscrew the end caps? Some sprinklers are made that way just for this reason.
Jesus man, you need a hobby!!
Mine are on a well, and I don't have a lot of pressure/volume, compared to city water. Just want to get the most out of what I have. I'm not worried about the looks, I want them to flow. I have spray nozzles that get "mucked up" because of bugs taking up residence in them if I don't use them a lot.