Electric box spacers
Any idea if I can use two of these on a 2-gang box? I have to make up for the difference on a ceramic tile wall, and can't find a version for a 2-ganger.

Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
Use metal boxes instead & get deeper extension rings for them. The BORG sells them.
If not, a local electrical supply house will carry them.

They're not spacers, they're extension rings.
Some people call them tile rings.
Herb G said:

Use metal boxes instead & get deeper extension rings for them. The BORG sells them.
If not, a local electrical supply house will carry them.

They're not spacers, they're extension rings.
Some people call them tile rings.

Seems like depth isn't the issue. I understood him to be asking about putting them side by side to extend a 2-gang box, not stack them.
There are two versions of them, a one piece and a two piece.

Home Depot and Lowes carry them.
They make ones that clip to each other. Depot carries them but you may have a hard time finding them as they never show more than 15 or so in stock at any one store. It's not the same style you are looking at though.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Carlon-Multi-.../204222412
Robert Adams said:

They make ones that clip to each other. Depot carries them but you may have a hard time finding them as they never show more than 15 or so in stock at any one store. It's not the same style you are looking at though.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Carlon-Multi-.../204222412

Yeah, I've see those, but the only ones the local carries are too deep for my purpose.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
rwe2156 said:

There are two versions of them, a one piece and a two piece.

Home Depot and Lowes carry them.

I will check them out at HD. I've almost stopped going to Lowes for things. I research online before making the trip, Lowes search feature really sucks big time. If you don't know the proper terminology you can't find something, and even if you do (like the ring extenders) they rarely show everything they carry. If I go by their website they only have two 2-Gangers, and they're both 1" thick.
Mike

WELL WHY NOT USE A BIT LONGER 6/32 SCREWS
south vietnam war collage
How would that bring the outlets up to the level of the tiles? It would just make for loose outlets.
Mike

that is what the washers on the outlets are for. break them off set behind the outlet and held by the screw they shim the outlet flush to the new wall depth and tighten up properly .

over 1/4" however I would use a box extender
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy