Who makes a decent toilet seat?
I need to replace the current one, again. Wife doesn't like plastic. Don't want to break the bank, but I would rather not have to keep replacing them every couple years. It will be on an older round bowl American Standard.

I notice a few models claim to have no loosen feature. I'm constantly having to tighten up the ones we've had.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9XhyXj4ROQ

I do not remember the brand, but on our Am. Std. Cadet lll toilets, I installed the wooden slow down drop models from HD.

Love them!
That guy sure is ecstatic about his 1,200 lb seat.
I just picked up a good one at the hardware store last summer around $25, a wooden one, looks fairly sturdy
Our last two were from Lowes -- I picked them because they had a fairly substantial metal hinge.

Then I installed them using metal bolts, not the plastic junk that comes packaged with them.

So far things are working well
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Add the soft close mechanism to your requirements.
I actually crossed that off my list, along with the easy remove feature. I want simple and durable.

The lid disarticulated this morning, so I swung by Home Depot and picked up the Bemis with the metal hinge and no loosen feature. We'll see how that feature works down the road. Strange install. Tighten the plastic nut until the bottom section breaks off.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
joe1086 said:

If you do soft-close, you need to do soft-close on all the toilet seats in the house. Otherwise a guest will assume they're all soft-close and well, you can see what I'm going with this.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
Phil Thien said:

[blockquote]joe1086 said:

If you do soft-close, you need to do soft-close on all the toilet seats in the house. Otherwise a guest will assume they're all soft-close and well, you can see what I'm going with this.

[/blockquote]

+1

Now I go to other people's house and slam the seat down because they don't have this feature.